Sports understand performance. Whether or not you follow a particular sport, we can learn something from how sports are structured.
These elements are common in games and competition. If we allow it, they carry into personal and business growth as well:
- Scoreboard. How do you know you are ‘winning’?
- Coaches. Who is helping you improve, constantly?
- Accountability. What oversight keeps you in-check?
- Feedback. What you’re doing right? What’s needs to change?
- Rituals. What are the habits and systems within the organization that lead to positive results?
These are easy to overlook because they are not required. Setting them up is a choice.
Their presence can propel us toward success (however we choose to define it). Their absence can leave us feeling stuck.